<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>        <rss version="2.0"
             xmlns:atom="http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom"
             xmlns:dc="http://purl.org/dc/elements/1.1/"
             xmlns:sy="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/syndication/"
             xmlns:admin="http://webns.net/mvcb/"
             xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
             xmlns:content="http://purl.org/rss/1.0/modules/content/">
        <channel>
            <title>
									Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids - Roofing Discussions Forum				            </title>
            <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/</link>
            <description>Roofing Discussions Discussion Board</description>
            <language>en-US</language>
            <lastBuildDate>Fri, 02 Oct 2026 05:59:58 +0000</lastBuildDate>
            <generator>wpForo</generator>
            <ttl>60</ttl>
							                    <item>
                        <title>Comparing bids when the ventilation scope doesn’t match</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/comparing-bids-when-the-ventilation-scope-doesnt-match/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 19 Sep 2026 12:43:58 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I’m reviewing roofing bids for a reroof where the main price difference appears to be ventilation, not shingles. The roof size and pitch are the same in each estimate, but the scopes vary:

...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I’m reviewing roofing bids for a reroof where the main price difference appears to be ventilation, not shingles. The roof size and pitch are the same in each estimate, but the scopes vary:

- One bid keeps the existing soffit intake and ridge exhaust, with no stated baffle or removal allowance.
- Another includes checking or opening blocked soffit intake, installing intake baffles where needed, and replacing the ridge vent.
- A third proposes adding powered attic ventilation instead, but doesn’t clearly state whether existing ridge or gable vents would be removed or sealed.

What should be documented before treating the lower bid as a real savings? I’m looking for the contractor to identify the existing soffit, ridge, gable, or powered vents, then state the planned intake and exhaust capacity and how each component will be handled during tear-off.

For a fair comparison, should the bid also specify:

- Roof area and pitch used for ventilation calculations
- Linear footage or quantity of ridge vent and intake vent
- Whether soffit openings will be cleaned, cut in, or left unchanged
- Baffle type and installation locations
- Removal, replacement, or abandonment of existing ridge, gable, or powered vents]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>brianskater</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/comparing-bids-when-the-ventilation-scope-doesnt-match/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Net 30 vs. upfront payment: which works better for you?</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/net-30-vs-upfront-payment-which-works-better-for-you/</link>
                        <pubDate>Thu, 16 Oct 2025 17:16:10 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I keep running into contracts that either want net 30 or ask for payment upfront, and honestly, both have their headaches. Upfront is nice for cash flow but feels risky if the service isn’t ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I keep running into contracts that either want net 30 or ask for payment upfront, and honestly, both have their headaches. Upfront is nice for cash flow but feels risky if the service isn’t delivered right. Net 30 gives some breathing room but then I’m always chasing invoices. Which do you all prefer, and why?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>joshuageocacher</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/net-30-vs-upfront-payment-which-works-better-for-you/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Struggling with huge jumps between bids</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/struggling-with-huge-jumps-between-bids/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 10 May 2025 08:19:23 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been using this bidding platform for a couple months now, and it&#039;s mostly been pretty smooth. But lately I&#039;ve noticed these massive jumps between bids - like, one second it&#039;s at $50 and...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been using this bidding platform for a couple months now, and it's mostly been pretty smooth. But lately I've noticed these massive jumps between bids - like, one second it's at $50 and suddenly someone throws in $200. Um, kinda throws me off my game, you know? Wondering if this is just me or if other folks are seeing this too.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>travel_sophie</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/struggling-with-huge-jumps-between-bids/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Stuck with huge gaps between bids - here&#039;s something that helped me</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/stuck-with-huge-gaps-between-bids-heres-something-that-helped-me/</link>
                        <pubDate>Mon, 07 Apr 2025 04:08:28 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I&#039;ve been noticing lately that sometimes when bidding on stuff online, there&#039;s these massive jumps between bids. Like, one second you&#039;re comfortably in your budget zone, and then BAM, next b...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I've been noticing lately that sometimes when bidding on stuff online, there's these massive jumps between bids. Like, one second you're comfortably in your budget zone, and then BAM, next bid is way higher than you expected. Um, anyway, I started setting personal limits beforehand and using smaller increments early on to kinda test the waters. Seems to help me avoid getting caught off guard. Curious if anyone else has tricks or hacks for this kinda thing...]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>gamerdev24</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/stuck-with-huge-gaps-between-bids-heres-something-that-helped-me/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Is it just me or do contractor estimates never match insurance paperwork?</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/is-it-just-me-or-do-contractor-estimates-never-match-insurance-paperwork/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 06 Apr 2025 06:55:22 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Every time I get an estimate from a contractor after insurance approves repairs, there always seems to be some weird mismatch. Like insurance covers certain things but then the bids come in ...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Every time I get an estimate from a contractor after insurance approves repairs, there always seems to be some weird mismatch. Like insurance covers certain things but then the bids come in all over the place and don't line up. Um, it's honestly pretty frustrating because I end up feeling caught in the middle trying to figure out who's right. Anyone else dealing with this headache, or am I just unlucky?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>drummer623315</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/is-it-just-me-or-do-contractor-estimates-never-match-insurance-paperwork/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Figuring out if contractor estimates match your insurance details</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/figuring-out-if-contractor-estimates-match-your-insurance-details/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sun, 06 Apr 2025 01:11:41 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday - he&#039;s dealing with some roof damage from the last storm - and he mentioned something interesting. Apparently, when you get bids from contractors fo...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I was chatting with my neighbor yesterday - he's dealing with some roof damage from the last storm - and he mentioned something interesting. Apparently, when you get bids from contractors for repairs covered by insurance, it's pretty common that the bids don't exactly line up with what the insurance adjuster scoped out. Sometimes the contractors include stuff that insurance didn't even notice, or vice versa. He said he had to go back and forth a few times because the contractor noticed water damage inside a wall that the insurance guy completely missed.

Kinda got me thinking... how often does this happen? Seems like it could be a real headache if you're not paying attention. I mean, you know how insurance companies can be - they're not exactly eager to pay for extras. And contractors, well, they're just trying to make sure everything gets fixed properly (and maybe make a little extra too, haha).

Wondering if anyone else has run into this situation and how you handled it?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>hpilot33</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/figuring-out-if-contractor-estimates-match-your-insurance-details/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Ever Felt Misled by a Vague Quote? Here&#039;s My Story</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/ever-felt-misled-by-a-vague-quote-heres-my-story/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 05 Apr 2025 22:30:46 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was getting some work done on my car last week, and the mechanic gave me a quote that seemed pretty reasonable. But when I went to pick it up, suddenly there were all these extra charges t...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I was getting some work done on my car last week, and the mechanic gave me a quote that seemed pretty reasonable. But when I went to pick it up, suddenly there were all these extra charges tacked on - stuff they never mentioned before. I mean, I get that sometimes things come up, but shouldn't they at least tell you clearly beforehand? Felt kinda shady, you know... Has something like this happened to anyone else here?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>travel_elizabeth</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/ever-felt-misled-by-a-vague-quote-heres-my-story/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>Estimate Surprises: Ever Found Hidden Costs After Approving?</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/estimate-surprises-ever-found-hidden-costs-after-approving/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 05 Apr 2025 12:53:17 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Just got an estimate for some home repairs, looked good at first glance...then noticed a tiny note at the bottom mentioning certain &quot;additional fees may apply.&quot; Um, what? &#x1f605; Got me th...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Just got an estimate for some home repairs, looked good at first glance...then noticed a tiny note at the bottom mentioning certain "additional fees may apply." Um, what? &#x1f605; Got me thinking how closely everyone else checks estimates before giving the green light. Quick poll: Do you usually catch hidden fees or exclusions BEFORE approving, or do they sneak up on you after? Curious to hear if I'm alone in my oversight here, haha.]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>josephartist765</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/estimate-surprises-ever-found-hidden-costs-after-approving/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>quoted cost or overall bang for your buck?</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/quoted-cost-or-overall-bang-for-your-buck/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 05 Apr 2025 11:47:27 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[Been shopping around lately for a new laptop, and it got me thinking...when you&#039;re comparing products, do you mainly go by the quoted price upfront or do you factor in the total value - like...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[Been shopping around lately for a new laptop, and it got me thinking...when you're comparing products, do you mainly go by the quoted price upfront or do you factor in the total value - like warranty length, customer service rep, build quality, stuff like that? I'm usually tempted by the cheapest deal at first glance, but I've been burned before with hidden costs down the line. Curious how others approach this. Quick poll:

- Just gimme the lowest price tag
- I'll pay more if overall value seems better
- Um...depends on my mood tbh]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>crafter26</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/quoted-cost-or-overall-bang-for-your-buck/</guid>
                    </item>
				                    <item>
                        <title>how transparent should quotes really be?</title>
                        <link>https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/how-transparent-should-quotes-really-be/</link>
                        <pubDate>Sat, 05 Apr 2025 10:36:17 +0000</pubDate>
                        <description><![CDATA[I was getting some work done on my car last week, and the mechanic gave me a quote that was pretty vague... like &quot;parts and labor&quot; without breaking down the specifics. It felt kinda sketchy,...]]></description>
                        <content:encoded><![CDATA[I was getting some work done on my car last week, and the mechanic gave me a quote that was pretty vague... like "parts and labor" without breaking down the specifics. It felt kinda sketchy, you know? I ended up going somewhere else where they listed everything clearly. Got me thinking - how detailed do you guys expect quotes to be when you're paying for services? Is it normal to ask for a full breakdown, or am I being overly cautious here?]]></content:encoded>
						                            <category domain="https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/">Comparing Roofing Quotes &amp; Bids</category>                        <dc:creator>jackcoder</dc:creator>
                        <guid isPermaLink="true">https://www.roofingdiscussions.com/community/comparing-roofing-quotes-bids/how-transparent-should-quotes-really-be/</guid>
                    </item>
							        </channel>
        </rss>
		